TOP TOTS Learning Center is COMING SOON to Brookline, and we’re seeking a Center Director. We believe every child should be treated and developed as a special, unique individual. We also believe TOP TOTS should be filled with special, unique, qualified educators, who cherish the opportunity to make a lasting positive impact on children’s lives. A pervasive mindset like that starts at the TOP.
We offer full-time members of the TOP TOTS team a competitive salary, paid health, dental, and vision insurance, a flexible health spending account, paid time off, frequent staff lunches provided, assistance with continuing education and professional development, an annual holiday bonus, and other benefits.
As our TOP TOTS Center Director, you will:
- Lead and implement TOP TOTS educational philosophy among the Center team
- Provide leadership and clear expectations with respect to curriculum, classroom management, student growth & development, and family partnerships
- Lead, supervise, and develop the TOP TOTS team, including ongoing coaching and performance assessment
- Oversee and maintain the operation of the Center and classroom space in accordance with Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) licensing regulations
- Plan and coordinate safe, enriching, and age-appropriate field trips that connect TOP TOTS curriculum to the “real world”
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of the TOP TOTS Center, according to Commonwealth of Massachusetts EEC Licensing Regulations including: student files, staff files, timesheets, attendance, health care policies, progress reports, parent meeting minutes, team meetings, etc.
- Ensure all Commonwealth of Massachusetts guidelines and standards, and TOP TOTS standards, are followed to ensure a fun, enriching, safe and clean Center for all students and staff
- Ensure the safety of TOP TOTS students at all times including growth & development, maintenance of facility, and logging of emergency plans, fire drills, etc
- Maintain professional knowledge through ongoing education and professional development opportunities
- Facilitate recruitment and coordinates selection, hiring, and orientation of all new TOP TOTS team members
- Maintain operation of TOP TOTS within approved budget
- Coordinate staff scheduling and ensure teacher-child ratios are always maintained
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and regular communication with family clients; facilitates or directly provides mediation and resolution to potential conflicts between parents and TOP TOTS
- Market TOP TOTS to prospective client-parents, within agency standards
- Represent the TOP TOTS by participation on local committees in the childcare community
- Perform other duties as needed
Requirements for our Director:
- At least 21 years of age
- Massachusetts Department of EEC Director 1 certified
- At least 3 years experience as a Child Care Center Director
- Completed Child Development Associate (CDA), Associate of Arts (AA), or Bachelor of Science/Arts in early childhood education, or a related field of study preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Massachusetts Department of EEC regulations, curriculum guidelines, criteria, and standards
- Creative, positive, enthusiasm, leadership, and a strong work ethics
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 and/or agrees to undergo weekly testing for COVID-19 (testing supplies will be provided by TOP TOTS)
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume to join the TOP TOTS team!
TOP TOTS Learning Center is committed to promoting a work environment that supports diversity and inclusion. We provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination.